7 Effective Foot / Ankle Strengthening Exercises That Will Help with Foot Drop
10 Effective Physical Therapy Exercises To Treat Shoulder Pain
Have you injured your shoulder? Or does the prospect of even merely moving your shoulder seem painful and terrifying? It is important to keep your body strong, and when it comes to shoulders, there are certain exercises that can help you out!
So if you want to know why strengthening your shoulder is a must, and also of the exercises that can keep your shoulders strong, this post has you covered! Go ahead and give a read!
Why Is It Important To Strengthen Your Shoulders?
Shoulder is one joint that needs to be moved for quite a lot of activities. Say for instance, you need to move your shoulders to lift an object, to close the drawers, or to open the door. Almost all activities in your daily life require you to move your arm, invariably demanding the shoulders to move.
If your shoulders are weak, you may face inflexibility. It is, for this reason, advised to perform regular exercises to keep the shoulders strong and easily movable. Have you ever tried physical therapy for shoulders?
Let’s have a look at the effective Physical Therapy exercises for shoulder pain:
The exercises mentioned below are no-frills tasks. They are all easy and simple to perform, without the requirement of too many equipment. Also, you do not need a physical trainer to watch out for you every time you carry out any of these exercises. The exercises are both for men and women.
1. Shoulder Blades Forwards Against Wall:
- Stand tall with your back and neck straight.
- Keep your hands against the wall and keep the elbows straight.
- Now, bend slightly towards the wall you face. During the process, ensure your back doesn’t bend. Keep it straight.
- Bring your shoulder blades forward. Stay in this position for 5 seconds. Go back to your normal standing position. Repeat the process 10 times.
2. Shoulder Blade Shrug:
- Here, you have to stand tall with your neck and back straight.
- Keep your arms on your sides, slightly away from your body. Ensure the palms face forward.
- Now, elevate your one shoulder blade towards your ear. Hold for 5 seconds and then drop the shoulder. Repeat the process for the other shoulder. Complete a count of 10 on each side.
[ Read:Compound Exercises To Build Strong Shoulders]
3. Shoulder Blade Squeeze:
You can carry out this exercise either sitting or standing, with your shoulders back.
- Keep your chin tucked in.
- Now, squeeze the shoulder blades together. Don’t overdo it or you might have pain.
- Hold the position for 5 seconds before your release the shoulder blades back to the normal position. Repeat the exercise 10 times.
4. Resistance Band External Rotation:
- In this exercise, you have to stand keeping your back straight.
- Keep your shoulder blades back.
- Hold a resistance band in your left hand. The other end of the band should be tied to a movable object.
- Keep your right hand on your waist.
- Bend the left elbow to 90 degrees.
- Now, move your left hand away from your body such that the band you are holding stretches. Repeat the process 10 times. After completing the first set, perform the exercise again for 2 more times.
5. Resistance Band Internal Rotation:
This form of exercise is similar to the one above.
- Stand with your back straight and shoulder blades thrown back, and hold the resistance band in your right hand.
- This time, instead of pulling the band away from your body, pull it towards your body (toward left).
- Repeat the exercise 3 times, with each set having10 reps.
6. Static Rotator Cut Off Contraction:
- Start the exercise by standing tall with your neck straight.
- Keep your right elbow at 90 degrees.
- Bring your left hand towards the right.
- Now, push your right hand away from your body, against the left hand’s resistance.
- Maintain the position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times on each arm.
7. Resistance Band Pull Backs:
This exercise allows you to kneel down even during the process.
- Either stand or kneel down with your back straight.
- Hold a resistance band in both your hands.
- Now, pull your arms backwards, squeeze your shoulder blades together and hold the posture for 2 seconds.
- Repeat the exercise 3 times, each set having a count of 10 repetitions.
8. Hand Behind Neck:
- Put your hand behind your neck.
- The position should be such that the elbow is out to the side.
- Take your elbow high such that it rises above the shoulder line. Repeat the process for both hands.
9. Lateral Raises:
- Stand with your arms at your side.
- Keep your elbows down straight with fists closed and thumbs out.
- Now raise the hands up to ensure they match your shoulder level. Don’t raise the hands above the shoulder level.
- Now, hold on for a second and slowly bring down both your hands.
10. Prone Horizontal Abduction:
- Lie down with your face on the bed and let the weak shoulder hang freely.
- Ensure your fists are closed, with the thumbs out.
- Now, take this hand away from your body to match the shoulder’s height. Hold for a second or two and then gently lower your arm. Ensure your arm doesn’t rise higher than the shoulder’s length.
Do not perform the above-mentioned shoulder physical therapy exercises if they cause pain. Make sure to consult the doctor if you face any problem.
We hope these physical therapy exercises for shoulder pain help you. Do tell us which exercise helped you the most. There is a comment box below!
Video: Physical Therapist Pelvic Floor Exercises for Beginners
Discover The Weird Symptoms Of A Silent Heart Attack
Everything We Know About the Terror Attack at the Ariana Grande Concert in England
Miley Cyruss Latest Post About Liam Hemsworth Is the Cutest Thing Youll See Today
Are Manicures and Pedicures Dangerous
How to Catch a Falling Star
When a Slow Metabolism Signals Illness
What to Do When Someone Has a Heart Attack
What to eat on Nantucket
My Husband And I Are Happily Married—And We Live Apart
5 Yoga Poses That Will Slim You Down
How to Start a Ketogenic Diet for Weight Loss
See Photos from Our Most Stylish New YorkersParty
Beach Wedding DIY: 6 Fun and Easy Ideas For a Casual Beach Wedding
How to Stop Your Cat from Eating Grass
Mediterranean Beef Salad With Lemon Vinaigrette