How chickenpox begins - the first signs, treatment in children and adults
Everyone should be aware of how chickenpox in children and adults begins, what are its first signs and how to treat chickenpox at home with folk and medical remedies.
Everyone knows what a chickenpox is. Contrary to outward simplicity, this insidious disease is difficult and leads to serious complications. The disease is more easily tolerated by preschool and primary school students. With adults harder.
If the child has been in contact with a patient with chickenpox, she cannot be a surprise. There will be at least two weeks before the first signs of infection appear, since the incubation period lasts an average of 15 days. If the parents do not know that the child has communicated with the patient, they will not discover the disease immediately.
Sometimes the skin is covered by characteristic bubbles and is accompanied by malaise, headache, a slight fever or runny nose.Parents are disoriented by a small-point rash, which appears at the beginning of the disease for several hours.
A poor start is the main reason for the rapid spread of chickenpox. Parents, not noticing the first signs, send the child to school or kindergarten.
A detailed picture of the symptoms is accompanied by a rash. At first, it is represented by an elongated speck that rises above the skin. Then a bubble with a diameter of about three millimeters appears in the center of the formation. Such rashes appear wavy and are accompanied by a rise in temperature.
After a few days, the bubbles dry and form crusts. As new formations continue to appear, the body of the patient can simultaneously have spots, and bubbles, and dried up crusts.
Often a rash appears on the mucous membrane. Here bubbles quickly burst and transform into surface erosion. Similar rashes are formed on the mucous membrane of the larynx, genital organs, mouth, esophagus, pharynx and conjunctiva of the eyes.
The duration of the rash period is different.If chickenpox flows easily, it is three days, although it is often calculated in two weeks. In any case, the period is extremely difficult for children and parents, especially if there are many skin lesions.
The violent itching causes the baby to scratch the skin, which is dangerous because a viral infection can be aggravated by a bacterial infection. Parents are advised to follow this closely. The first sign that the bacterial infection has exacerbated the situation is considered turbidity of the vesicles. Without a call a doctor can not do. In all other cases, the chickenpox proceeds easily, and the child can return to school or kindergarten five days after the last rash.
Video tips doctor Komarovsky
Severe chickenpox is not uncommon. In this case, the rash is hemorrhagic in nature. After a few days of illness, the temperature rises, and the rash becomes brown.
Chickenpox often causes bleeding. We are talking about nosebleeds, if the airways are affected, or vomiting of blood, when the virus has attacked the condition of the stomach or esophagus.This form of the disease is rare, but it is recommended to treat it in the clinic.
Often, chicken pox takes a gangrenous course. Deep affection of the skin contributes to the death of tissues with further rejection and the appearance of ulcers. This type of chickenpox is difficult and long lasting, and in some cases is supplemented with a bacterial infection. Therefore, the doctor should be engaged in treatment.
The most dangerous is chickenpox, which affects the internal organs, among which is the brain, and this is fraught with the appearance of chickenpox encephalitis. The disease is rare, and they suffer from weakened children and adults with weak immunity. Often this form requires resuscitation care.
Now consider the set of symptoms and talk about the treatment of chickenpox in adults and children.
Chickenpox in adults - symptoms and treatment
Chicken pox is considered a childhood infectious disease, but it is also found in adults. Therefore, the topic of further discussion will be chickenpox in adults.
The virus that causes the disease is characterized by high volatility. It is transmitted to people through kissing, coughing, or sneezing.The duration of the incubation period of chickenpox in adults is 16 days. During this time, the virus makes its way into the bloodstream, multiplies and spreads through the organs.
The first symptoms
As in an adult chickenpox it is difficult, initially there is edema of the brain, and later the nervous system is involved. All this is accompanied by convulsions, vomiting, weakness, nausea and fear of light.
- Repeated rash.
- The rapid emergence of complications.
I want to draw your attention to the last point. The list of common complications is represented by the defeat of the respiratory system, kidneys, liver, nervous and cardiovascular systems. Chronic diseases are often exacerbated, and scars are formed on the skin after the rash.
In an adult, chickenpox often reappears in the form of lichen. The rash is located on the back and abdomen, forming a circle. In this case, the virus is not transmitted through the air. Repeated chickenpox in an adult is accompanied by pain, burning, itching and tingling.
- Since chickenpox is difficult to carry, it is initially recommended to ensure rest.Minimize mental and physical stress. If chickenpox is accompanied by an increase in temperature, bed rest is mandatory.
- Since the increased temperature contributes to the accelerated elimination of fluids and nutrients from the body, drink more often. To compensate for the loss of nutrients is recommended with mors, compotes and fresh juices. The diet based on vegetables, fruits and dairy products will not interfere.
- Keep it clean and pay attention to hygiene. Take a shower twice a day, but remember that during the water treatment, it is forbidden to pick off the crusts or rub the skin with a washcloth.
- Symptomatic treatment will not interfere. At high temperatures, use antipyretics: paracetamol or ibuprofen. Aspirin is not recommended, as it can cause liver damage.
- To speed up healing and eliminate itching, doctors prescribe antihistamines, including Tavegil and Suprastin. Since chickenpox affects both the skin and mucous membranes, rinse the mouth with antiseptics.
- Do not disregard antibiotics. It is recommended to apply them carefully and on prescription of the doctor.Use reduces the risk of complications.
Medicine develops and new medicines appear annually. But there is also traditional medicine, whose effect on health is invaluable. In particular, Zelenka helps to dry the crusts, and a chamomile or oak decoction helps to cope with itching. For rinsing the mouth is suitable a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
How to treat chickenpox in children
As practice shows, almost all children of preschool age are sick with chickenpox. The virus that causes the disease, is volatile and easily penetrates into adjacent rooms. If a sick child goes to kindergarten, it is possible that in a few weeks the virus will spread to all children.
The babies do not suffer from chickenpox up to half a year, because within the prenatal period they receive temporary immunity from the mother. Children older than 10 years of age suffer from chickenpox less often, but the disease is difficult and is accompanied by complications.
Symptoms in children
Let's start with the symptoms. It is impossible to confuse them with signs of another disease, since they are fully manifested as soon as possible.
- Initially, body temperature rises to 38 degrees. For several hours, the body of the child is covered with flat pink rashes. At first, the rash does not bring discomfort.
- Later in the center of the spots appear tiny bubbles with transparent contents. This is accompanied by itching. Parents are advised to ensure that the baby does not itch, otherwise the probability of infection will increase.
- After a few days, the bubbles dry out and become covered in a brown crust. During the week, every two days, new foci of disease appear on the body, which contributes to an increase in temperature.
- After half a month the crusts disappear, leaving behind a slight pigmentation, which disappears with time.
From the moment of illness until recovery, the child feels weak, eats poorly, suffers from insomnia and irritable. It is recommended to take into account during treatment, which is carried out at home. The only exception is extremely severe for chickenpox or the appearance of complications.
- To combat chickenpox in children, special therapy is not needed, and there is no safe medicine yet. Stick to bed rest, change your laundry more often, follow a diet and drink plenty of water.
- To prevent the accumulation of purulent infection twice a day, treat the rash with green paint.This is a known remedy for chickenpox, but it helps to understand at what stage the disease is.
- To combat high temperatures, it is recommended to use the antipyretic Nurofen or Panadol. To remove severe itching, Diazolin is an antihistamine.
Many parents are interested in whether the child with a chickenpox swim. Doctors did not agree on this issue. Overseas doctors are sure that the shower soothes itching. According to doctors from Russia, contact of the affected skin with water is unacceptable except for a warm bath with the addition of potassium permanganate.
If the chickenpox to provide the child with appropriate care, the disease will pass without complications, without leaving a single trace. In the case of suppurations and inflammations of the blisters on the skin, tiny scars may remain. As for extremely serious complications, this is rare.
Prevention - how not to get chickenpox?
Chickenpox is spotty at the time of rash and bursting of vesicles. The liquid they are filled with is contagious, and even clothing is not a barrier to the virus. The disease is dangerous and at the time of the appearance of brown crusts.They can not be ripped off, otherwise the infection will leak into the body, and scars will remain on the skin.
Vaccination. Remember, if a person picked up a virus, stop the development of chickenpox will not work. If you do not like this scenario, make a special vaccination. In many European countries, it is present in the routine vaccination schedule for children. With a shot, protect the baby. But if a family member has chickenpox, the vaccine is useless.
Quarantine. If a person is sick, it is recommended to isolate him in a separate room and allocate hotel hygiene products, dishes, things. As part of the quarantine, he must communicate with a minimum number of people.
Airing. It does not hurt to constantly ventilate the apartment or use a quartz lamp for disinfection. Do not forget about gauze bandages. They do not give an absolute result, but reduce the risk of infection.
Vitamins. Special attention is given to taking vitamins. People with weakened immune systems are a godsend for viruses and diseases. In any pharmacy sold vitamin complexes.
Only vaccination is considered the most effective prevention of chickenpox.All other methods provide insignificant results with the exception of complete isolation of the patient.
There is an opinion that if a person has had chickenpox, he gets lifelong immunity to her. But in medicine, cases when the disease re-manifest itself are not uncommon.
Portrait of buttons
Iron and tube lamps
Garden Tire Figures
Modern wall mounted multi-colored lamp-backlight
Do it yourself with your own hands
Dahlia from Foamiran
Creating a family hearth (candles)
Paper Monkey Mask