How is a weight category determined in Muay Thai
Currently, the State Committee of the Russian Federation on Physical Education and Sport provides the following weight categories:
- The first is the lightest - up to 45 kg;
- the second easiest is from 48 to 51 kg;
- the lightest - from 51 to 54 kg;
- featherweight - from 54 to 57 kg;
- light welterweight - from 57 to 63.5 kg;
- Secondary medium - from 63.5 to 67 kg;
- the first average - from 67 to 71 kg;
- the second average - from 71 to 75 kg;
- light heavy - from 85 to 81 kg;
- the first heavy - from 81 kg to 86 kg;
- heavy - from 86 to 91 kg;
- super heavy - more than 91 kg.
The International Muay Thai Federation has a different system for dividing athletes by weight category:
- Mini Flyweight - from 45.5 to 47.7 kg;
- Light Flyweight - from 47.7 to 49.0 kg;
- Flyweight - from 49.0 to 50.8 kg;
- Super Flyweight - from 50.8 to 52.2 kg;
- Bantamweight - from 52.2 to 53.5 kg;
- Super Bantamweight - from 53.5 to 55.3 kg;
- Featherweight - from 55.3 to 57.2 kg;
- Super Featherweight - from 57.2 to 59.0 kg;
- Lightweight - from 59.0 to 61.2 kg;
- Super Lightweight - from 61.2 to 63.5 kg;
- Welterweight - from 63.5 to 66.7 kg;
- Super Welterweight - from 66.7 to 69.9;
- Middleweight - from 69.0 to 71.6 kg;
- Super Middleweight - from 71.6 to 76.2 kg;
- Light Heavyweight - from 76.4 to 79.4 kg;
- Cruiserweight - from 79.4 to 86.2 kg;
- Super Cruiserweight - from 86.2 to 95.5 kg;
- Heavyweight - from 95.4 to 104.5 kg;
- Super Heavyweight - over 104.5 kg.
Definition of weight category
Weight category is determined immediately before the competition in the presence of a coach and a doctor. A record of the assigned weight category is made in the medical card and athlete's passport. If the established category differs from the declared one, the fighter is increased or reduced depending on the results of weighing.
Athletes are weighed naked or in swimming trunks. Women are weighed in swimsuits. Before weighing the athlete must pass a medical examination and be allowed to fight for medical reasons.
All athletes are weighed on the first day of the competition from 8 to 10 am. In the following days, from 8 am to 9 am, those athletes who will compete on this day are additionally weighed. Weighing time can be changed by the main judge of the competition. No less than 3 hours after weighing, battles begin.
Each fighter performs in the weight category that was assigned to him on the first day of weighing. Weight category can be changed by the judges, if during the next weighing the body weight of the fighter has changed.Also, an athlete has the right to return to his weight category, if before the end of the official weighing procedure, he will bring his weight into the category framework. If the weight of the fighter deviates slightly (no more than half a kilogram), he is allowed to remain in his category.
How to grow dragon season
Beadwork as a remedy for depression: 20 works, from which it is impossible to look away
Mom Ilona Mask has become the face of a cosmetic brand
How to make a chebbi chic easter egg
How to make crafts for Pancake week