How to drive correctly with manual transmission and automatic transmission - step by step instructions
Among the drivers is popular transportation with automatic transmission. But information on how to properly drive a car with a manual gearbox is still relevant, especially in Russian driving schools mostly master the mechanics.
The manual gearbox is simple and convenient to use compared to the automatic. Lack of automatic transmission - a person who has mastered this version of control, can not control the machine with mechanics, and the driver driving ICD, it is easier to master the machine.
If you are going to buy a car with a mechanical transmission or want to get acquainted with this option of management, in the article I will consider step by step instructions. The mechanics require proper handling, and the quality of driving determines the knowledge of the nuances related to the management of vehicles with such a transmission.
- When driving on the mechanics, you need an excellent reaction and a sequence developed to automatism.action.
- In the car with manual transmission main pedal - clutch. The left foot presses only on the clutch, and the right - on the brake and gas.
- There is a “cheat sheet” on the handle that will tell you how to move the lever to switch on the necessary gear.
- Manual transmission has from four to seven gears, depending on the brand of car. Provided and rear speed, focused on driving in reverse. It is denoted by the symbol "R".
- Being in a neutral position, indicated by the symbol "N", the lever does not hold anything. To engage the first gear, squeeze the clutch and move the lever in the position indicated in the diagram as “one”.
- The clutch pedal is pressed when changing gears that switch in order. It is not recommended to switch from the first to the third or fifth.
- When approaching an obstacle or intersection, slow down. This can be done in gear, but sometimes it is better to move the lever to the neutral position. After a full stop, start driving with the first gear engaged.
- Driving on slippery surfaces, constantly monitor the stability of the machine.Change to a low gear gradually, otherwise you will lose control if you skid.
- If you need to slow down during the ice, do it with the engine. Release the gas, engage the lower gear, then connect the clutch - the power plant will slow down and the car will smoothly brake.
- When lifting, shift gears quickly, otherwise slide down. With a long climb, move at the second or third speed. First use when cornering while climbing.
- It seems that the descent is simpler than the ascent, but it also has difficulties. To prevent an accident during descent, it is recommended to slow down the speed with brakes and powerplant simultaneously. During the descent car carefully monitor.
- Attention deserves and parking. Getting used to the mechanics, park in first gear, holding the clutch - so you can quickly squeeze the clutch and slow down, if necessary.
- If a stop is planned on the ascent or descent, wait until the car stops, squeeze the handle and only then turn on the neutral. To start the movement, squeeze the clutch, turn on the speed, and then slowly release the clutch, add gas and at the time of connecting the clutch discs, remove the handbrake.
I hope that the recommendations will help you master the mechanics and drive correctly. If at first there will be difficulties, do not worry. Having trained, master the basics, and a small practice will help master the art to perfection.
How to drive with an automatic transmission
During conversations with the mechanics of car service stations involved in the maintenance and repair of cars with automatic transmissions, it turned out that in most cases the wrong actions of drivers are the cause of automatic breakdowns.
Differences machine from mechanics
There is no clutch in an automatic transmission. In the mechanics for changing gears, the driver must release the gas, squeeze the clutch, change the speed. In a car with automatic transmission, a computer is responsible for this.
Driving a car with a gun is easier than with mechanics. However, the automatic transmission has drawbacks. A car with a gun consumes more fuel, and the repair and maintenance of automatic transmissions is more expensive. On the machine you can not tow the other car, because it can cause a transmission failure.
The statement that the machine with mechanics is more reliable is challenged by weighty arguments and arguments.A car enthusiast who has mastered the mechanics will calmly and quickly cope with the machine.
- Move the automatic transmission lever to the working position when the brake is pressed. Begin movement after switching on the gear, accompanied by a characteristic push.
- In city driving conditions with constant traffic jams and traffic lights, contrary to the recommendations of the “experts”, do not shift the lever to the neutral position. In such situations it is possible to turn on the neutral on the mechanics.
- Driving along a long descent, many drivers of cars with mechanics turn off the gear in order to save fuel, in order to "run forward". On the machine so you can not do.
- In the machine for the lubrication of the rubbing parts meets the oil pump. Shutting down the transmission, turn off the pump drive, as a result, the oil supply stops and the drive wheels continue to transmit torque to the transmission. This leads to the failure of the node.
- Rear speed is prohibited to include to a full stop. Press the brake, wait for the stop, turn on the "reverse" and after the push start the movement.
How to save while driving an automatic transmission
Continuing the topic of conversation, I will talk about how to economically drive on the machine.To master the technique of economical driving is easy. I advise you to get acquainted with the features of the site. If you want to save fuel, go no faster than 110 km / h. Approaching the obstacle, before which you have to slow down, remove your foot from the gas in advance. When coasting, the car consumes less gasoline. I recommend to move and slow down smoothly.
Save at the gas station can be another way, outwitting the transmission. Imagine that the speed of the car in third gear is 60 km / h, the engine speed at 2500 per minute. Release the gas, then lightly press. The machine will switch to the next speed, and the speed of the power plant will decrease.
The greatest blow to the budget does pampering. By squeezing the gas pedal into the floor, you force the automatic transmission to go into sport mode. As a result, engine rpm increases. Such a ride empties the tank.
Some argue that a manual box is better, safer and cheaper to maintain. This is true, but it does not compare with the automatic in terms of the speed of changing gear and convenience. Novice drivers more comfortable to drive a car with automatic transmission.
The history of the transmission
In conclusion, tell the story of the appearance of the gearbox.After the invention of the engine, there was a need for a node that would be responsible for transmitting torque to the drive wheels. Initially, it was not about gears. Karl Benz used several belt pairs with different gear ratios. Thanks to the reversing pulley, the speed of movement on the highway increased.
Later, Wilhelm Maybach used cogwheels, which made it possible to choose a gear ratio that matches the situation on the road. Torque is still transmitted to the wheels through a chain transmission. Then Louis Renault created the driveshaft, which was destined to play an important role in the automotive industry. So at the beginning of the last century appeared progressive box.
The gearbox was not always connected to the body of the power plant through a bell. In the 50 years of the last century cars were produced with an independent arrangement of the box, which was connected to the engine via a drive shaft. This concept involved an exploded layout of the drive nodes.
The work of the first boxes was accompanied by noise, which exceeded the sound of the motors. Drivers had difficulty switching gears.To enable a lower gear, you had to press two clutch pedals to dispense gas. The process did not always end in success, but lasted so long that a great loss of speed made it necessary to lower the gear.
In those days, every car was equipped with a tachometer. Using the sensor to determine the best time to switch. Driving staff spent a lot of time to teach students to quickly and silently change gears.
At that moment, the Americans didn’t like the manual box, and this aversion persisted until our days. But there were other arguments contributing to the appearance of the automaton. This event occurred in 1940. Manufacturers decided to expand the scope of buyers who want to buy a car with women.
The beginning of the machines laid hydromechanical transmission based on hydraulic clutch, coupled with a two-row planetary gearbox. So there was a two-stage automatic transmission, which became the main element of the American standard.
At that time, there was still no famous power plant V8, but there were already motors that were not inferior to her in terms of volume. In Europe, the machine appeared later, along with machines of premium class.Later they created a torque converter, which for a long period limited the number of gears in the machine at the level of three.
Mechanical transmissions developed more slowly. In 1928, by the efforts of Charles Kettering, on request of the GM concern, a synchronization mechanism appeared. But the manual gearbox was used only in the Corvettes.
I hope, from the material you have withdrawn something useful or interesting.
Interesting and entertaining
How to make a cake from pampers with your own hands
How to turn a boring apartment into a work of art
A pair of lions: learning to embroider a cross
Backlit 3D Paper Picture