How to make a gorgeous cake Kiev?
If you like sweets, then for sure at least once in your life you tried the Kiev cake. But he practically leaves no one indifferent, so, most likely, such a dessert is one of the favorites for many. Want to learn how to cook a real Kiev cake at home? Find out its composition and cooking features.
A bit of history
Kiev cake is a traditional Ukrainian dessert, the recipe and manufacturing techniques of which were developed in 1965 at the Karl Marx Kyiv Confectionery Factory (today it is called “Roshen”). Surprisingly, this masterpiece was born quite by accident.
The confectioners at the factory simply forgot to put the egg yolks in the fridge, which they were going to use to bake the biscuit. As a result, the proteins changed their texture and froze. The head of the biscuit shop, Konstantin Nikitovich Petrenko, did not know what to do, but did not throw out the products. He asked for help the young assistant of the confectioner Nadezhda Chernogor.
As a result, the frozen protein cakes were covered with a fatty oil cream, sprinkled with powder and decorated. So the progenitor of the modern Kiev cake appeared. The dessert recipe was changing, the production technology was improved. In the cakes began to add nuts, which gave a pleasant aroma and taste. First they used hazelnuts, then they decided to experiment with peanuts and cashews, but eventually they returned to the original version - hazelnuts.
Today, the patent for the industrial design, trademark, and also the original recipe for the cake is owned by the confectionery corporation "Roshen".
One of the gifts presented to Leonid Ilyich Brezhnev on his 70th birthday of the Ukrainian Socialist Republic was the Kiev cake. It consisted of three tiers and weighed about 5 kilograms, and 70 cakes were used for cooking.
The dessert was so much liked by the general secretary that he asked his cooks to cook exactly the same. But all the secrets are known only to Kiev confectioners, only they make such a cake according to GOST and according to all the rules.
The main ingredients used for making Kiev cake:
- Squirrels.Without them, to prepare such a dessert is simply impossible. Proteins are the main component for cake layers. They should only be fresh, otherwise the dough will get an unpleasant taste.
- Flour is also added to the dough. Some replace it with starch.
- Of course, not to do without sugar, it is added to the dough and to the cream. Sugar will need quite a lot, so do not regret it. But you shouldn't overdo it, otherwise the dessert will turn out to be cloying.
- Nuts Usually used hazelnuts, but you can replace it with cashew nuts, peanuts or almonds. You can also use a mixture of nuts.
- If you decide that egg yolks are not required, and have to throw them out, then do not worry, all the remaining yolks will go to the preparation of the cream.
- The main component of the cream is butter, which makes the cream fat and allows it to harden and not spread.
- Milk is added to the cream.
- Flavors. Use only natural. For example, you can add vanilla or vanillin. And to give an unusual flavor to the cream, many use brandy.
How to cook Kiev cake at home? There are basic cooking steps:
- Preparation of the test. Proteins are whipped separately from the rest of the ingredients.It is important to achieve a stable foam so that the dough is truly airy. The dry ingredients are mixed separately, then carefully introduced into the protein mass. It is important to do everything carefully so that the foam does not fall off.
- Now you can move on to baking cakes. You can bake them separately or bake all the dough at once, and then divide the ready-made big cake into several.
- Preparation of the cream also has some features. The softened butter should be whipped separately. A milk syrup is prepared in a separate container (in a saucepan), which is then combined with butter. Part of the cream should be chocolate, so that cocoa or chocolate is added to it.
How to do?
We offer you a detailed recipe. The following ingredients are required for cooking:
For the cake:
- 500 grams of sugar;
- 12 egg whites;
- 100 grams of flour;
- 350 grams of nuts;
- 2 bags of vanillin.
- 500-550 grams of butter;
- 300 grams of sugar;
- 12 egg yolks;
- 350 ml of milk;
- 2 tablespoons of brandy;
- 20 grams of cocoa.
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Send the yolks into the refrigerator, and place the whites in a separate bowl and leave for a day in a warm place so that they squash slightly and acquire the necessary consistency.
- Beat whites to form a strong and stable foam.
- Nuts clean (if they are raw, pre-fry) and chop on a blender or coffee grinder.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients intended for the test: sugar, nuts, flour and vanillin.
- Enter the dry ingredients into the protein mixture, mix gently and carefully.
- Put the dough into a baking dish (or in several forms, dividing the dough into several parts) and send to the oven, heated to 150 degrees, in about 2-2.5 hours.
- Ready cake (or cakes, if you baked them separately) put on the grill for a day.
- To prepare the cream, first prepare a milk syrup. To do this, mix the milk with sugar and bring it to a boil.
- Whisk the yolks separately and gradually add milk syrup to them, continuing to beat.
- Now pour the mass into the pan and bring to the boil again, stirring constantly. Remove the pan from the heat, but continue stirring the mixture for a few more minutes. Cool this composition.
- Whip the softened butter with vanilla and gently combine it with the cooled milky-yolk mixture. Separate one third of the cream and mix with cocoa.In the remainder, add brandy.
- Smear each cake with white cream, top with chocolate cake.
- Homemade Kiev cake is ready.
To make a real Kiev cake, follow the simple tips:
- The most convenient way to use the detachable baking mold.
- Trim the finished cakes, cutting off all the excess with a knife. Crush the remaining crumbs and use to sprinkle the cake.
- To decorate the cake, leave some white cream and decorate the surface with it.
- When baking cakes, in any case, do not open the oven, otherwise the dough will fall and not be so airy. In addition, after turning off the fire, do not reach the cakes immediately, allow the oven to cool completely
Be sure to please your family or guests with an incredibly delicious Kiev homemade cake!
5 quick ways to return white sneakers to their previous look
Do-it-yourself kitchen furniture restoration
How to sheathe Carpet Salon
Opal mysterious, opal precious
Various types of specialized furniture
New Year Topiary Fir-tree