How to Not Be Seen Naked
How to Not Be Seen Naked
It happens to people of all ages, all shapes and sizes: you're just not comfortable being seen naked. And that's okay--it's your body, and it's up to you who sees it. Whether you want to cover up while getting more comfortable with your sexual partner, or if you're anxious about sharing space in a communal shower, there are ways to keep your private parts private.
Avoiding Being Seen Naked By Your Partner
Wear lingerie that covers the spots that worry you.Feeling self-conscious about your tummy? Try a corset to cinch your waist and push up your breasts, or a babydoll top for coverage and support. The important thing is to find something you like that highlights your best assets.
- Branch out beyond the usual lingerie styles, too. Consider burlesque-inspired, tomboy, and indie designers for new takes on sexy underthings.
- Costumes and role-playing may also help you stay covered while ramping up your bedroom activities.
Be in control of the lighting.It's helpful if your partner can come to your house, so you can feel a little less anxious and have more control over the environment. While you can simply turn the lights off, you may want to try a few candles or installing a dimmer switch. Low lighting is more flattering, and you and your partner can see enough of each other to feel intimate and connected.
- Use soft light bulbs in the bedroom, which can also provide more flattering light.
- If you're having sex in the morning, wait to open the blinds or curtains, and leave the lights off. It may still be dark enough for you to feel comfortable.
Don't undress all the way.Leave your bra or t-shirt on. Or keep your skirt on but nothing else. Or even slip into your partner's shirt. Covering up a little can help make you feel comfortable enough that you still enjoy yourself.
- Some types of sex are perfect for staying clothed. If you initiate a sudden, passionate "quickie," you may not even have time to get your clothes off.
Wrap yourself in a blanket or towel when leaving the room.If you're self-conscious about getting up to use the bathroom, keep a nice, fluffy robe within reach of your bed. If you don't have a robe available, pull a sheet or blanket off the bed and wear it under your arms like a towel.
- This is another opportunity for you to pop on your partner's shirt, especially if he or she is a little larger than you are or about the same size.
Avoiding Nudity in a Communal Shower
Use disinfectant wipes instead of showering.If you haven't worked up a major sweat, a disinfectant wipe may be sufficient to clean yourself.Some schools are even handing these out to students in gym class instead of showering. Just bring a pack in your gym bag and wipe down your armpits and other smelly areas.
- If you're self-conscious about this, you can wipe yourself down in a bathroom stall.
Wear a towel to and from the shower.Stop at your locker to pick up a towel. You can secure the towel around your waist and then slip out of your pants. Remove your shirt next and quickly slide the towel up under your armpits if you want to cover your chest.
- You can bring your towel into a bathroom stall and change out of your clothes in the stall. Then emerge already wearing the towel and no one will have seen you change.
Try to shower when very few people are around.If you're going to a neighborhood gym, try not to go during peak hours. During lunch or right after work, there's bound to be tons of people at the gym, and so it's more likely the locker room (and showers) will be crowded. Ask a trainer or the person at the desk when the gym is least crowded, then try to fit your work out in during those hours.
- If you're in gym class and trying to avoid showering with your classmates, talk to your teacher and ask if you may shower after everyone else has done so.
- You can also try to wait the other students out, taking your time so that most other people are finished showering by the time you are ready.
Rearrange your schedule if you're a student, making gym your last class of the day.If your school insists on students showering after gym class, talk to a school administrator and see if you can take gym during final period. It will be much easier to talk your teacher or coach into letting you skip the shower if you assure him or her that you're going to rinse off when you get home.
- Part of the reason your school wants you to shower is that if students don't clean off after exercising, they may spread serious diseases like MRSA.If you're going straight home after gym, however, the chances of that are slim.
Get a letter from your parents if you can't get comfortable.If you are experiencing bullying or terrible anxiety because you have to shower at school, ask your parents to write a note to your teacher.You may have to meet with your gym teacher or a guidance counselor, with or without your parents, but if the situation is severe, you may be excused.
Overcoming Shyness About Nudity
Practice being nude.It sounds weird, but when you think about it, most people only spend a few minutes a day in the buff. You can't get better or more at ease with something if you don't practice. Lock your door and add five minutes of nudity to your morning ritual.
- If you're a girl who wears makeup, delay getting dressed while you apply your makeup.
- Do something that makes you feel good and pampered while you're having naked time. Rub a nice-smelling lotion all over your body, brush through your hair, even close your eyes and meditate.You want to start creating a positive connection with being naked.
Move your body in ways that make you feel good.Do you like to dance? Swim? Practice yoga or hike? People who exercise for fun improve their self image while improving their bodies.If you hate running,don'thit the treadmill! Try a Zumba dance class or playing a sport instead.
- Focus on making your body strong and capable, and not on how it looks.
Connect to a time when you felt accepting of yourself.For some, you may have to go all the way back to childhood, but try to remember a time when you weren't self-conscious about your body.Try to find a picture of yourself from that time and refer to it when you need a reminder that you don't need to be so hard on yourself.
- Even if you had a rough childhood, focus on the fact that you had enough strength to survive it and make it to where you are today.
Remember that you're your own worst critic.If you're terribly self-conscious about your partner seeing you naked because you think they'll lose interest, think again. Your partner isn't checking out your stretch marks or cellulite. You partner isn't thinking you're to big or skinny. They're just psyched to be getting naked with you!
- Focus on being present with your partner. Instead of tearing yourself down, allow yourself to feel and enjoy the moment.
- Your partner has his or her own insecurities and imperfections, but does that stop you from loving them or wanting to be intimate with them? Try to remember how good and generous feel toward them, and imagine that they feel the same way aboutyou.
QuestionIs it bad for an 11-year-old boy to be nude?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt is perfectly okay for a pre-teen to be naked in a safe, comfortable place, like in private at home.Thanks!
QuestionWill animals care about this kind of stuff?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo, generally speaking, animals do not care if you are naked or not.Thanks!
QuestionWhere should I be naked if there are no locks on any doors?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could block the door with a heavy piece of furniture, ask your family, roommates, etc. to please not enter your room without knocking, or just wait until no one is home to hang out nude.Thanks!
QuestionWhat would you do if you were in the middle of showering and a boy or girl walked in?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerRun. Or just say something casual like, "Hi, just finishing up in here" and cover up.Thanks!
QuestionHow to be not afraid of exposing your body to your friends?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt can be intimidating to be naked in front of anybody, but it's really not a big deal. Everyone has the same parts and everyone has insecurities. The best thing to do is just act like it's no big deal and pretty soon, it won't be.Thanks!
QuestionWhat If people look at me at school showers? How can I stop them from looking?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerUnfortunately, you just can't really make someone stop looking at you but, maybe ask them nicely not to or just ignore them all together. Forget that they are even there and it's just you.Thanks!
QuestionwikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerEither wait until you're alone, or don't be naked in your room.Thanks!
Video: TIMES WE WERE CAUGHT NAKED | Reddit Stories
Doctors Said I’d Never Walk Again, But Then I Competed On Dancing With The Stars
How to Prepare for Medical Malpractice Deposition
Susan Sarandon Broke Royal Protocol When Meeting Queen Elizabeth
How to Draw in 8 Bit
18 Most Stylish Kristina Bazan Winter Outfits To Copy
Ferragamo Brown Leather Belts For Men
The Best Quotes Of 2014
Christmas Shortbread Recipe
How to Wire a Bilge Pump
Found: The One Retinol Product All the Models Swear By
How to Do an Image Search on Bing
How to Get Your Hands on the Worlds Most Limited-Edition Beauty Products