HOW TO LOWER YOUR UTILITY BILLS AND SAVE MONEY !!!
How to Reduce Your Utility Bills
If you are looking to save money then why not look at the most costly things in your home, which are the fuel bills. These tiny bills creep up on you from nowhere and even when you think you have been careful, they can be expensive; you have to sacrifice in other financial areas of your life to afford to pay for them.
Make sure that you turn the lights off whenever you leave the room.If there is no one in the room, there is no point in lighting it up and all you are really doing is wasting both electricity and money. You can buy timers if you are worried about burglars and other things but make sure that you do not leave unnecessary lights on. You could also try switching to energy efficient bulbs. These might cost you a little bit more to buy at first but in the long run, they can save a huge amount on your bills.
Avoid wasting water.You do not need to fill the kettle up for just one cup of tea so only put in the kettle what you need to make the drink or drinks. Also, turn the tap off when you are brushing your teeth and try not to shower rather have a bath. You could even go one step further than that and only flush the toilet after every two or three times of people using it – just make sure that you put the seat down to prevent any awful stenches. Water can be one of the most expensive bills and you waste it even if you don’t think you are so to cut water bills, don’t waste water and give the dishwasher a break – do you need to put it on for a couple of pots and pans?
Check for poor insulation.Around forty percent of the energy that you use to heat your home is wasted due to poor insulation. This can make such a difference to how much it costs to heat your home, so make sure that everything is as insulated as it can be and remember that short term investment in thicker insulation will mean long-term savings in heating bills.
Try using your washer at a lower temperature.Just changing from thirty to forty degrees can reduce your heating bills and you will find that these days, most laundry detergents are designed to be used at the lower temperature anyway!
Avoid leaving your home appliances on standby when you leave the home.Who are you leaving the TV on for? By unplugging the things that you don’t use such as the toaster, TV and lamps, you can massively reduce the amount of electricity your home uses therefore saving yourself money on your fuel bills.
QuestionHow would unplugging a lamp or a toaster save electricity?Top AnswererIt wouldn't. Unplugging an "always on" appliance (such as a TV) would help.Thanks!
- Look online for more household money saving ideas. There are whole websites dedicated to this cause alone and you will be surprised at how much energy you are wasting without even realizing it!
- Be sensible, e.g. if you do not use the TV in the spare bedroom, don’t have it plugged in. If you never go in to the family room, don’t have the lights on. Most money saving ideas are down to basic common sense so use yours.
- Remember that when you are using the kettle, make sure that you put enough water in to cover the element otherwise you will break the kettle.
- Saving money on your fuel bills is not something you are going to manage to do overnight, it might even take a few months before you notice any effect but keep at it. Not only will you be saving money but you will also be saving the planet at the same time.
- Avoid false economy. For instance, keep a room you are actually working in brightly lit--a few fluorescent lights cost just pennies for several hours to run, and greatly enhance work efficiency through better vision and alertness. Also, keep it warm enough (perhaps aided by a sweater) to avoid stiff fingers or drowsiness. Also, keep it cool enough to avoid drowsiness. Lack of productivity--in a living space that costs many dollars per day to provide--is much worse than utility bills.
Video: 5 Simple Tricks to Lower Your Energy Bill 50% or MORE Guaranteed!
Yo-Yo Dieting and Diabetes: How Repeated Weight Loss and Gain Affects Blood Sugar
Pavlok Shock Bracelet Review
A Comprehensive Guide to the New World of CustomizableBeauty
Creative Cocktail Bar Ideas for Every Type of Wedding
Yogurt Linked to Lower Blood Pressure
New Four-Bean Salad
How to Get Noticed By Street Style Photographers During The Fashion Month
26-Year-Old with Rare Skin Condition Proudly Models Her Wrinkles
How to Keep Hair Healthy and Long
Cornbread, Sausage, and Chestnut Stuffing