How to Salt Salmon at home - 8 step-by-step recipes
Salmon is a delicacy that can be found on any table. Fish is incredibly useful. With regular use, the work of the heart improves, brain activity is activated and youth is prolonged. All this is due to the unique composition and recipes, how to salt salmon at home.
During heat treatment, most of the useful substances are destroyed. For the preservation of useful properties of salmon it is recommended to smoke or salt.
The technology of preparing salted salmon at home is difficult to call, but many do not dare to perform this culinary task on their own and buy the product in a supermarket. At the same time, domestic salting is tastier and does not contain preservatives.
Salting salmon at home is not difficult, as well as prepare salted salmon. It will take knowledge of some technical points and the correct choice of the object of salting. When choosing a delicacy in the store, be guided by the appearance.The fresh product of the scales is shiny, smooth and elastic, and the eyes are transparent. Quality fish smells good.
Before I start talking about pickling salmon, I note that for this purpose, fillets are often used, but some cooks salt belly, steaks and even trimming. The head for salting does not fit, it produces an excellent ear.
Rules and advice before salting
Red fish is an expensive product. To ensure that the money was spent in vain, and the salted fish did not disappoint with taste and aromatic qualities, carefully study the following material. Thanks to simple advice, you can easily and correctly prepare salted salmon.
- For pickling, choose fresh fish. Buy a chilled carcass is not difficult. Just choose carefully. Unfair sellers freeze fish for the sake of increasing safety. Such salmon after salting is dryish.
- If on sale only frozen fish, make sure that it did not go through the procedure of freezing several times. This will help the color fins. The stale product is yellowish.
- Buy a whole carcass if you have the skills of cutting fish.Otherwise, I recommend stopping the selection on the loin or a small piece of carcass.
- Salmon is juicy, if salt is used for salting a large salt of white color. Famous chefs welcome the use of sea or ocean salt.
- To give a salty salmon taste of spicy notes when pickling add a variety of spices and herbs. Use spices at your discretion, guided by personal taste. Ready-made sets are on sale.
- Salt the salmon in a glass, plastic or enamelware. Metal containers for this purpose are not suitable, since the final product acquires a specific flavor, which does not bring pleasure.
As you can see, the rules are extremely simple, understandable and suitable for salting mackerel and herring. If you take them into service, they will help in creating a culinary masterpiece that will give odds to any purchased analogue in terms of taste and aroma.
Calorie content of salted salmon
It is impossible to overestimate the benefit of salted salmon. In fish there is a lot of melatonin, which is responsible for the regeneration of cells and normalizes sleep. The composition contains minerals that reduce the likelihood of heart disease, strengthen the blood vessels and control the level of cholesterol.
Salinity of salmon after salting is 202 kcal per 100 grams.
The classic technology of salted salmon is considered the simplest. The result of the classic ambassador is the tenderest meat, which is instantly swept off the table by household members or guests.
- Salmon fillet - 500 g.
- Salt - 3 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons.
- Fresh dill - 50 g.
- Rinse the fillets with water and dry with a paper napkin, mix salt with sugar, chop dill.
- Prepared fish pulp thoroughly mix a mixture of sugar and salt. Put the pieces of fish in a bowl for salting. Put the first piece of sandpaper down, top sprinkle with chopped herbs, put the second piece of skin up.
- Cover the salmon with a plate, put a jar of water on top. Leave for 6 hours, then send to the refrigerator for 24 hours. After the time the dish is ready.
Before serving, I recommend slicing the fillets in thin slices, decorate with fresh herbs and olives. Such a treat will surprise with presentation and taste.
The fastest and delicious recipe in 2 hours
A quick and delicious recipe is suitable for picking any fish, whether it be salmon, chum, trout, salmon or mackerel. The result is gentle, juicy and incredibly tasty.The households devastated the plate in a few minutes and dipped me into an ocean of gratitude. I achieved this result in 2 hours at home.
- Salmon fillet - 2 kg.
- Sugar - 3 tablespoons.
- Salt - 6 tablespoons.
- Remove the skin from the fish, rinse with cold water and dry with a paper towel. Cut the fillet into small pieces. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and salt.
- Each slice of salmon is dipped in the resulting mixture. Put the fish in a bowl for pickling. Cover the container with food film and set aside for 2 hours.
- After the time has elapsed, hold in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to cool.
If the fish is immediately put in the refrigerator, it takes longer to get salted. To give the ready-made dish spicy, add a little garlic, onion, fresh dill or any other spices. A matter of taste.
How to Salt Salmon in Brine
Many prepare for breakfast sandwiches with red fish. To do this, they buy a ready-made salty product in the store, but salted salmon can also be at home. Home-made fish is much more useful, aromatic and tastier than a convenience store.
- Salmon - 1 kg.
- Salt - 4 tablespoons.
- Water - 1 liter.
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons.
- Carnation - 2 pcs.
- Laurel - 1 leaf.
- Peppercorns - 3 pcs.
- Sweet pepper - 5 pcs.
- Rinse the salmon thoroughly with water and dry with a paper towel. If you use the middle part of a carcass or a fillet, cut into thin slices.
- Boil water, add spices, salt, cover with a lid and leave until completely cooled. Cool the brine through gauze, spice the spices and add lemon juice.
- Pieces of fish put in a glass or enamel pot, pour a spicy brine. Top with a plate and send to the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Remove the ready fish from the spicy liquid, lightly dry, cut into slices and get a gastronomic pleasure. If you plan to serve on a festive table, decorate with fresh herbs and lemon slices.
Salmon salting by pieces dry way
Salmon has only one drawback - high cost. For domestic pickling, it is not necessary to buy a whole carcass. In any store, a red fish cut is sold, which is ideal for pickling dry way.
- Slices of salmon - 1 kg.
- Sugar - 20 g.
- Sea salt - 40 g.
- Ground white pepper - 5 g.
- Dill - 1 bunch.
- Pieces of fish rinse with water, remove bones.
- In a medium bowl, mix sea salt, pepper, sugar and chopped dill. Get a fragrant mixture for salting.
- Fold pieces into a glass or enamel container, pouring each layer into a spicy mixture.
- Place the container in the refrigerator for 3 hours, putting the load on top. After the time has elapsed, check for availability. If the fish is salted, taste it.
The preparation of salted salmon has several advantages. This is affordable cost, high cooking speed, maximum safety and quality. Shop semi-finished products do not meet these requirements.
How to salt salty whole with whole salmon
Not every landlady has the courage to cook salted salmon entirely on her own. The whole issue is the high cost of the object of salting. Do not be afraid. Having my prescription at hand, you will achieve that the result justifies the costs.
- Salmon carcass - 2 kg.
- Salt - 8 tablespoons.
- Sugar - 4 tablespoons.
- Cut the salmon carcass along the ridge. Remove the insides and collect a small spoon of blood accumulated at the ridge. Cut off the head and tail. For salting, they are not suitable, but on the ear will go.
- Rinse the fish with chilled boiled water several times. Remember, the use of tap water has a negative effect on the shelf life of the product.
- Rub the carcass with a mixture of salt and sugar from all sides. Try to keep the mixture evenly covering the fish.
- Put it in a bag and put it aside for 3 hours. After that, send the product to the refrigerator for 12 hours.
- The delicacy is ready.
I will add that the quality of salting is determined by the amount of sugar used. If you want to get juicy and delicate fish, I advise you to slightly increase the amount of sweet ingredient. If salted salmon does not like it, prepare the red fish in the oven.
Salt salmon in brine
An excellent recipe in brine in my family accompanies many family and celebratory feasts and has earned many positive reviews from the family and guests. Contrary to simplicity, it allows you to prepare a salted salmon.
- Fresh salmon - 1 kg.
- The salt is 700 g.
- Sugar - 150 g.
- Water - 2 liters.
- Prepare brine. Pour water into the pan, add salt and sugar, bring to a boil. Try to keep the quiescent ingredients completely dissolved.Cool the liquid to room temperature.
- Fish water with water and cut into convenient slices. In each piece, make a small incision to better salted.
- Lay salmon in brine, cover with saucer and press down with a load. After 2 hours you will get a fresh-salted fish, after 4 hours you will get a more salty variant.
- After the time has elapsed, remove it from the liquid, dry it, put it in a soup and send it to the refrigerator until morning. The delicacy is ready.
With this recipe, prepare a snack that, thanks to a delicate texture, simply melts in your mouth. With what to serve, decide for yourself. It's pointless to give recommendations, because the tastes are different.
How to pick salmon abdomen
Not every family can afford the purchase of red fish, which everyone loves. At some mistresses husbands often gather with friends and drink beer with dried fish or crackers. But at home you can cook a delicacy that will satisfy everyone. It's about the salty abdomen of salmon.
- Salmon Trousers - 400 g.
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon.
- Salt - 2 tablespoons.
- Mixture of peppers.
- Abdomen rinse under running water, then pour a clean cold liquid and set aside for a third of an hour.
- After the time, gently remove the peel, roll in a mixture of sugar, salt and spices, place in a glass container.
- In the jar, add a little water - a centimeter from the bottom. Send a container of belly to the refrigerator. After 2 days, the delicacy is ready.
The delicacy prepared according to this recipe is ideally combined with a home beer. Leading a healthy lifestyle people advise to serve the belly of salmon along with mashed potatoes and fresh vegetables. Just lick your fingers.
How to pickle salmon caviar
Many beginners are interested in methods of home salting of red salmon caviar. I will share a simple recipe for this delicacy. The method of pickling is considered universal, as it is suitable for cooking delicacy from caviar of various fish.
- Red caviar - 100 g.
- Sugar - 2 pinches.
- Salt - 1 teaspoon.
- Vegetable oil - 0.5 teaspoonfuls.
- To prepare salted salmon caviar, take two deep bowls. Fill one with cold water, and the other with hot water. Wrap the caviar in gauze alternately in hot and cold water. The duration of the dive is 2 minutes.
- After water procedures carefully remove the film from the caviar grains. After that, rinse the caviar under running water.
- Place the caviar in a glass jar, add salt, sugar and vegetable oil. Put a container of caviar in the refrigerator for 12 hours. The delicacy is ready.
Store the finished product in the refrigerator. Remains cut a piece of bread, spread butter and put on top salted at home caviar. Delicious.
Red fish in salted form will help in preparing a large number of festive salads and snacks. It looks great in the form of a bright slicing covering white bread. What to say about the benefits of the product. Therefore, more often salted salmon independently at home.
Orchid sprig workshop
Female sweater with deer
Christmas toys made of gypsum
How to disaccustom a dog to eat on the street dangerous products
Dremel Crystal Light Bar
Lily as a decoration