DIY Game Night Party! Cheap & Fun for Everyone!
Teen Party Idea: Throw A Movie Night Party
Movie night is a perfect backyard or swim club party. You can spend as much or as little money as you like and customize the entire party to fit the guest list.
The Movie Screen
With enough space (and money), you can screen the movie on a giant inflatable screen. These can be expensive, but they are enormous and very cool!
Many rental stores and inflatable game vendors have options available in various sizes. You can also search online for "jumbotron inflatable movie screen."
The Free Movie Screen
The free approach works beautifully as well.
You will need:
- A laptop and laptop projector or a DVD projector
- A plain white wall or king-sized white sheet
Projectors can also be rented for the evening and you might be able to borrow one from a friend or local organization.
Keep your movie screen a good distance from the main seating area so guests can take in the entire spectacle without straining their necks.
If using a white sheet, iron or steam it to remove wrinkles. Hang and clamp it into place so it is as taut and smooth as possible.
The Backyard Movie
Setting up a movie in your backyard is very easy. All you need to consider is the distance guests are from the screen, then remove any clutter so they can sit wherever they like.
- Mow the lawn a day or two in advance so grass clippings are not fresh. Don't forget to clean up after the dog!
- Encourage guests to bring a blanket or lawn chair to sit on.
- Gather extra blankets for guests who forget or don't bring their own.
- Set up a table in the back for the projector and another for snacks and you are ready for the party!
The Pool Movie
Staging the pool movie is just as easy. The only difference is that you will add a few water toys for seating and give guests a dry option for watching the movie.
- Toss plenty of inner tubes or pool noodles into the water for "seating."
- Provide stacks of towels, pillows, and blankets for post-dip comfort.
Depending on the air temperature, your guests may spend the entire screening in the pool or just the beginning of the movie. Plan your seating areas accordingly.
Video: DIY Movie Night! Decor, Treats & More! 🎥 🍭
Male Style Icons How To Capture Their Style
How to Order Checks for the First Time
10 Easy And Delicious Keto Recipes For Lunch
15 Big Beauty Mistakes — And How to Fix Them
What To Wear To A Job Interview (Plus Fail-Safe Outfit Ideas)
These Lesser-Known Ingredients Are Key to Fighting Hyperpigmentation
The Atrial Fibrillation Diagnosis Process
How to Take Care of a Singapura Cat
20 Things You Can Do With Your Mouth That Will Drive a Man Crazy
How to Access Your Electronic Medical Records
See IfYou Can Pass the FBI Special Agent Test